We all know swimming is a great form of exercise but do we actually know how to turn it into a workout? Is there more to just laps of strokes when exercising in the water? Of course, there is!
Try this workout below and see if it floats your boat:
- Start by 2 laps of walking with high knees, as you get to the end of each lap do 10x squats.
- Shoulder rotations: 10 forward each arm, 10 back each arm.
- Swim easy, with any stroke for 200m.
- Grab a kickboard with one hand and perform one-arm freestyle with the freehand for 100m (alternating arms every 25m).
- Move to your back, and do 2 laps of survival backstroke.
- Grab a kick-board or hold torpedo on your back and kick for 100m.
- Do 200m of backstroke aiming to do 50m under 40 seconds.
Pick any easy swimming movement for 200m and end with stretching against the pool wall.