With restrictions starting to ease the BlueFit Swimming team are excited to resume swim lessons. To ensure the health and safety of staff and customers there are a number of measures now in place.
Once in the facility it’s important we maintain a hygienic environment:
- Hand sanitiser has been placed throughout the centre including all entrances.
- Where possible please avoid touching surfaces such are counters, doors and turnstiles and follow appropriate hand hygiene when using the facility.
- To ensure social distancing while watching the lesson we’ve reduced available seating.
- Change rooms are not available during this time.
Swim lessons may look a little different, but we will continue to deliver safe and high-quality lessons.
We will be implementing different teaching methods to protect our students and teachers:
- We have made slight modifications to our teaching techniques to protect our students and teachers. This includes using a doll when demonstrating activities and skills during infants classes.
- Reduced equipment within infant & preschool lessons to increase student safety.
- Only performing manual manipulation in the water when it is safe for both students and teachers
- Ensuring teachers instruct from the side or behind the student to reduce face to face contact.
- Replacing hi 5’s with the Bluey Bump at the conclusion of the lesson.
- To reduce equipment sharing we now have BlueFit Swimming Kickboards, Swim Caps and goggles available for purchase on the BlueFit Swimming website and in the facility.
How you can help:
- We recommend 1 parent per child for spectating: During this period we ask that where possible, only students and one guardian attend the facility.
- Please come dressed for your lesson: ensure you have warm clothes for when you exit the pool. We recommend a robe, hoodie, trackies, warm slippers or ugg boots and a beanie.
- BlueFit Swimming students have free access to the pools every day during the week: This amazing benefit continues but in line with government restrictions, only limited numbers of patrons are allowed in the pools at one time. Please check your facility website for their casual swimming policy.
Is the pool safe to use?
- The centre for disease control confirmed Chlorine is effective against a broad range of viruses and there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to through the use of pools.
- We pride ourselves on our water quality and continue to perform regular pool checks throughout the day.
- To ensure our facilities remain clean throughout the day we now have onsite hygiene heroes dedicated to keeping our facilities safe to use.
- All our facilities are professionally cleaned and sanitised each night.
We’re ready when you are!
- If you or your child is unwell please do not attend the facility.
- We have updated our makeup policy to allow 12 makeups per calendar year, simply login to the parent portal to mark your absence.
- If you aren’t ready to resume your lessons just yet that’s ok too, simply cancel your enrolment through the parent portal.
With these measures in place, we can ensure a safe environment for all our students. We look forward to teaching you again soon.
Please view your location below for further information:
|Location||Swim School Status||Link|
|Angelo Anestis Aquatic Centre||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Aquadome||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|BayFit Leisure Centre||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Belmont Oasis Leisure Centre||OPEN!||Click for more info||Gladstone Aquatic Centre||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Gracemere Swimming Pool||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Hurstville Aquatic Leisure Centre||Program has temporarily moved to Angelo Anestis Aquatic Centre, Bexley||Click for more info|
|Kendall Swimming Pool||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Lane Cove Aquatic Leisure Centre||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Laurieton Swimming Pool||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Lambton Swimming Pool||Temporary program change to Forum||Click for more info|
|Mayfield Swimming Pool||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Mosman Swim Centre||Re-opening November 30th!||Click for more info|
|Moss Vale War Memorial Aquatic Centre||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Mount Larcom Swimming Pool||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Mount Morgan Swimming Pool||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Port Macquarie Swimming Pool||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|South Rockhampton: 2nd World War Memorial Swimming Pool||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Wallsend Swimming Pool||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Wauchope Swimming Pool||OPEN!||Click for more info|
|Windy Hill Fitness Centre||Re-opening November 27th!||Click for more info|
|Wollondilly Leisure Centre||OPEN!||Click for more info|